So you are considering acquiring your first place and therefore are thinking about buying a condo. Condos much like the units in Bryerwood located in South Windsor can make an excellent option for a first time buyer. FHA financing is an often used method of financing and Bryrewood is FHA approved. What is vital as you evaluate the condos in Bryerwood to compare them with other complex’s in South Windsor so you can choose if condo living is good for you?
1. Complex Services: Each South Windsor CT condo complex such as Bryerwood has different services. Does the complex have a pool? Basketball or Tennis court? Recreation place? A gym? Which of these is essential to you? Realize that the more services the complex features it is likely that the regular monthly HOA dues will be higher.
2. Style and appearance of condo: There are different varieties of condos, ranch, garden, townhouse. Some complexes simply have a few units in a building; others have many units in each building, and some might have units above or below yours. Understand your differences to each design, and select one that you would enjoy living in. Do you like the exterior colors, in a condo you likely are not able to change them.
3. Location of the condo within the complex: Corner units are often in additional demand. They usually have only one side neighbor, extra windows and better views. Along with corner units, think about how far in to the complex the unit is located. Do you wish to be right near to the entrance of the complex, or do you like the privacy of being one of the last units? Just about everywhere in South Windsor CT is a convenient location, but also think of where in South Windsor Bryerwood is located.
4. Are there any limits to what you are allowed to do with your condo: Are pets allowed? Can you bar-b-que on your terrace? Can you fly a flag? Can you have a motorcycle, or possibly a work truck? You will have a chance to review the guidelines of the complex (along with accept or decline them as a whole) as part of your purchase. You should also find answers to the most important ones like pets as well as work trucks whenever they matter to you prior to an offer.
5. HOA Dues: HOA stands for “Home Owners Association” dues. Each complex like Bryerwood in South Windsor has dues so that they can settle the bills of the association. The majority of dues are based on the amenities and services provided to unit owners such as lawn care, snow removal, trash removal, pool maintenance, plus money set aside to cover of the maintenance of roadways, or other exterior items. For the most part, HOA dues are based on square footage of your unit..
6. Management of the complex:: How is the Bryerwood being taken care of? Is the exterior within good repair? Landscaping maintained? Are the roads along with parking lots in good repair? Is the fitness equipment up-to-date, does the gym looks clean over all? Does it appear that overall there's a pride of ownership?
7. Financial health of the complex: Ask to view the budget for Bryerwood in South Windsor CT, and if there is a long term strategy in place for long term major maintenance. If you will be using a mortgage loan to purchase your unit there can be requirements that a percentage of monthly HOA dues be put aside for large projects such as roofs or siding replacement. Ask if there were or are they anticipating any special assessments. If the complex is it could indicate that the complex doesn’t set aside ample money for significant repairs which could wreak havoc on your regular monthly budget. Also inquire if there is any pending litigation against Bryerwood, if there is this might also prevent you from being able to finance your new condo. The Bryrewood complex is FHA approved through 1/18/2013 making financing easier for buyers hoping to take advantage of low down payment mortgage options.
Bryrewood in South Windsor CT is a complex of 188 units which were built in 1980. The Bryrewood complex is located off of Ellington Rd. In unit laundry hook-ups and central air conditioning make for desirable features. There are one bedroom one bath units and two bedroom and two bedroom units. Bryrewood is FHA approved through 1/18/2013.
Would you like to know more about Bryrewood Condos in South Windsor? Call me at 860-306-8029 to discuss mortgage options including FHA loans, or for a referral to a South Windsor real estate agent expereinced in Bryrewood condos for sale.
Please be green and recycle. When you are done reading this post, please recycle it by forwarding it to someone you think who will enjoy reading it as well. Thank you!
As quoted in the New York Times "A Little-Known Loan Program", and in the Hartford Courant "Moving In:Couple Combining Households Buys In Newington" and "Moving In... New Britain"