So you are thinking of getting your first place and are thinking about buying a condo. Condos much like the units in Mill River Meadows within South Windsor can make a fantastic option for a first time buyer. What is important as you evaluate the units in Mill River Meadows to compare them with other complex’s in South Windsor to decide if condo living is made for you?
1. Complex Amenities: Each South Windsor CT condo complex such as Mill River Meadows has different features. Does the complex have a pool? Basketball or Tennis court? Recreation space? A gym? Which of these is important to you? Realize that the more features the complex features it is likely that the regular monthly HOA dues will be higher.
2. Design and appearance of condo: There are different forms of condos, ranch, garden, townhouse. Some complexes have only a few units in a building; others have numerous units in each building, and some might have units below or above yours. Understand the differences to each design, and select one that you will enjoy living in. Do you like the exterior colors, with a condo you likely cannot change them.
3. Location of the condo inside the complex: Corner units tend to be in additional demand. They usually have only one side neighbor, additional windows and better views. Along with corner units, consider how far in to the complex the unit is located. Do you want to be right near the entrance of the complex, or do you like the privacy of being among the last units? Just about everywhere in South Windsor CT is a convenient location, but also consider where in South Windsor Mill River Meadows is located.
4. Are there any limits to what you are allowed to do with your condo: Are pets allowed? Can you bar-b-que on your deck? Can you fly a flag? Can you have a motorcycle, or a work truck? You will have a chance to review the regulations of the complex (and accept or refuse them as a whole) as part of your purchase. You should also get answers to the most important ones like pets or work trucks when they matter to you prior to making an offer.
5. HOA Dues: HOA is short for “Home Owners Association” dues. Each complex like Mill River Meadows in South Windsor has dues so that they can pay the bills of the association. The majority of dues are based on the facilities and services given to unit owners like lawn care, snow removal, trash removal, pool maintenance, as well as money set aside to pay of the maintenance of streets, or other exterior items. For the most part, HOA dues depend on square footage of your unit..
6. Management of the complex:: How is the Mill River Meadows being taken care of? Is the exterior in good repair? Landscaping maintained? Are the roads as well as parking lots in good repair? Is the exercise equipment updated, does the gym looks clean over all? Does it look that overall there exists a pride of ownership?
7. Financial health of the complex: Ask to check out the budget for Mill River Meadows in South Windsor CT, and if there is a long term program in place for long term major maintenance. If you will be using a mortgage loan to purchase your unit there can be requirements that a percentage of monthly HOA dues be reserved for for large projects similar to roofs or exterior siding replacement. Ask if there have been or are they anticipating any special assessments. If the complex is it could indicate the complex doesn’t set aside adequate money for significant repairs which could create havoc on your month-to-month budget. Also inquire if there is any pending lawsuits against Mill River Meadows, if there is this might also prevent you from having the ability to finance your new condo. Mill River Meadows in South Windsor is an FHA approved complex. That approval is valid until 5/24/2012 which means Mill River Meadows condos are eligible for FHA financing.
Would you like a referral to a great South Windsor CT Realtor with experience in Mill River Meadows condos for sale? Call me at 860-306-8029.
Please be green and recycle. When you are done reading this post, please recycle it by forwarding it to someone you think who will enjoy reading it as well. Thank you!
As quoted in the New York Times "A Little-Known Loan Program", and in the Hartford Courant "Moving In:Couple Combining Households Buys In Newington" and "Moving In... New Britain"